You’ve just learned about student loan forgiveness program and you’re wondering if you qualify. Let’s take a look.
1. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
2. You must have been enrolled in a qualifying college or university at least half-time during the academic year.
3. You must have taken out Direct Loans on or after October 1, 2007.
4. You must have made 120 qualifying monthly payments (10 years) towards your student loans.
5. You must be employed full-time by a qualifying public service organization
So, the requirements are pretty stringent. But if you do meet all of the qualifications, then you could be in for some serious financial relief.