Write a good and proper Essay on Holi in English is very difficult if you don’t know how to write essay on Holi in English for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 12 students / children’s.
Essay on Holi in English
Holi is one of the most popular festivals of India. Holi is called the festival of colours. This festival is celebrated on the day of Phalguna or Purnima (full moon day) of the month of March according to the Hindu calendar.
Holi is a two-day ancient Hindu religious festival. Holika Dahan or Choti Holi takes place a day before Holi. On this day Lord Vishnu saved his great devotee Prahlad’s aunt Holika and Hiranyakashipu. People burn Holika or the effigy of their old belongings in the fire and celebrate Holi by dancing and singing around it on this day.
The next day is called Rangwali, Holi, Dhulandi, Phagwa, Dhuleti etc. People play with colors in these happy days. Hug each other and congratulate each other and make new beginnings. Most of the children are very happy in this festival and they start celebrating Holi long before Holi and run here and there by spraying water colors with water guns.
On Holi, people eat delicious gujiyas and sweets with friends and family. On Holi people and children play with balloons filled with gulal, colors and water. In Holi people play drums and musical instruments and sing and dance together.
Holi gives us the message of love, unity and togetherness. It brings harmony and happiness in the country. Hence, we should use natural colors which are made from the flowers of Tesu or Palash tree (which are not allergic to the skin) and have a safe and healthy Holi. Holi is a festival of joy and happiness.
Suggest: Wonder of Science Essay
Essay on Holi in English 10 lines
- Holi is one of the most popular festivals of India.
- It is the festival of colours.
- Holi is celebrated on the full moon day of Falgun month.
- This festival marks the end of winter and the begging of summer.
- Holi is celebrated for two to three days.
- Holika Dahan takes place a day before Holi.
- People collect wood and light a bonfire and celebrate Holi by singing songs around it.
- People use natural colors for this festival and play with watercolor guns.
- On this happy day people eat delicious food like gujiya, chips, halwa and drink thandai along with other food items.
- This festival gives us the message of unity, brotherhood.
Suggest: Notice writing
There are suitable examples of short essay on holi in english. If you have any doubt regarding festival Essay on Holi in English then consult our team.