You are confused about how to write a proper format of diary entry writing children’s and grabs full marks in exams. So, without wasting time, let’s learn.
What is A Diary Writing?
A diary is a book in which you recorded personal thoughts, events, or sharing feelings in handwriting format.
A format of diary entry writing is a section that has been important to organized by day, date, or time.
Generally, a diary can be written as short or as long words – as you want but exam purposes, diary formatting in 100-150 words.
Always diary written in a personal tone, but exam purpose, write a more creative and thoughtful that’s examiner impresses to you and prescribed good marks.
Suggest: Learn message writing
Sample Format of Diary Entry Writing
While writing the proper diary entry format, remember these five essential points which is the layout and structure of the diary.
If you miss any points that’s your diary is not proper and no eligible to score full marks in any exams from the format of diary entry section.
- Date, Day & Time (It’s written from the first line on the top left hand side, basically the date, day & time conference of any event/incident because if you remember the diary in the future, you know when it’s written)
- Salutation (Write salutation after leaving a blank line EX; Dear Diary)
- Body of the Diary (It’s main part of a diary written for the first person in simple past, present perfect and future tense in generally informal language)
- Name (After write the body of the diary, you need to write a name)
- Signature (It will be optional if you writing a diary in personal or exam purpose so, follow the questions guidelines)
Suggest: How to write Report?
Important Points For Diary Writing Format
There are some important points that you should keep in mind while writing a diary. These points will make your journal more effective and attractive and will not let them get bored. Due to which your presentation will be better in school or exam.
- Do not add unnecessary words to the diary, which can get bored of the audience.
- Use friendly and straightforward language so that everyone can understand what you wrote.
- Try to write more creative, with imagination and thoughtful.
- Avoid long, complex sentences and use short words with professional English.
- Use correct grammatical sentences and avoid spelling mistakes.
- A diary always is written in an informal tone.
- Write in the first person using pronouns such as: I, we, us, we’re, and I’m.
- The word limit for a diary entry is 100 to 130 words.
- A diary does not require any formal heading. This is optional, but if you mention it in the questions, give an appropriate heading.
- Please give your opinion/movement and make it concise to write the diary.
- The diary is not a documentary, so only include key points that were prominent that day.
- It is mandatory to mention these five points in diary writing format…Date, Day & Time, Salutation, Body of the Diary, Name, Signature.
Suggest: How to write a professional email?
Format of Diary Writing Examples / Samples
Example 1: Write a diary entry expressing your feelings on the birthday:-
February 16, 20XX
I had a lot of fun today. It is one of the memorable days of my life because today is my birthday. This year also we had a birthday party at Swarg restaurant. I invite all my friends and relatives. My father ordered a huge birthday cake, which looked gorgeous and shiny. I cut the cake. Everyone clapped and sang. “happy Birthday to You”. I gave everyone peace of cake. Everyone brought gifts. I got such wonderful family and relatives. They all love me very much. That was all about my birthday.
- Suggest Some Important Topics of English Writing Skills
- Letter Writing Format
- Formal Letter Writing
- Informal Letter Writing
- Speech Writing Format
- Advertisement Writing Format
Example 2: Write a diary entry on how you spend your day during a lockdown:-
January 16, 20XX
Covid-19 has become a big problem, which has stopped all the work of the world. This is a severe pandemic, which is making our lives useless. The only way to avoid this epidemic is the lockdown, which all the world’s people are facing in their homes. I also live only inside my house. Because I am not allowed to go out, it isn’t fascinating and affects physical and mental health. It also involves studies and sports. But to avoid Covid-19, we have to face it by staying at home.
Marking Scheme For Format of Diary Entry Writing
Mainly in CBSE / ICSE exams, diary questions are asked in 100 to 120 words with no grammar and spelling mistakes. So if you want to score full marks on diary writing, don’t make any mistake, leading to a deduction of marks.
A diary writing questions asked in section B from the English writing skill portion in the exams. The marking scheme of diary writing given below;
|Creativity and Accuracy||3 Marks|
Total = 8 Marks (you have prescribed eight marks if you write a suitable diary writing format).
Diary Entry Topics For All Classes (5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10th)
- Diary entry on summer vacation
- Spend your day during lock down
- First day of new school
- Attended weddings with friends
- You’re away from home for the first time
Practice Questions on Diary Entry Writing Format for Class 9 Students
Question 1: On the way home, you saw many children on the crossroads on the streets with begging bowls in their hands. You are shocked and disappointed by this shoddy picture of a country claiming to be a major economy in the world. Write your experience in your diary. You are Rohan/Riya.
Suggest: Article writing format
Question 2: You are Karan/Kiran studying in class IX. The school bus got damaged due to heavy rain, in that situation you had to go to school on foot with your friends. Make a diary entry explaining your experience in 100-150 words.
FAQ’s: Format of Diary Entry Writing
Q1. Is diary entry written in a box?
Yes, a diary entry is written in a box, but no marks are prescribed according to CBSE guidelines.
Q2. How many words is a diary entry?
A proper diary entry format limit should be 100-120 words.
Q3. What is the format of diary entry by CBSE?
There are five critical points of diary entry format by CBSE, Which will help you score full marks in the English subject exam from the diary writing section.
- Date, day & time
- Body of the diary
Q4. How do you start writing a diary?
Before planning to start writing a diary, understand these important points well, which provides many benefits and ideas for a better entry into your journal.
- Write a diary with a general sentence.
- Note your daily and momentary feeling.
- You may mention the sense, expression of the incident.
- Use first-person, ex: I & We
- Write always your diary entry at night.
- In the end, the impression of diary ex – good night, bye for now etc.
Q5. What are the advantages of diary writing for students?
In today’s time, there are many benefits of diary writing for students. If you do diary entry regularly, then many miraculous benefits are seen, such as;
- It helps you achieve success.
- It makes you emotionally stronger.
- It helps to heal the frustration from the past.
- You respond quickly to emergencies.
- Your mind will always be calm, due to your thinking power and communication skills will increase.
A Format of Diary Entry Writing is the most crucial topic of the English grammar portion. It increases student authority and keeps calm mind diverting from disgusting things, so diary writing is the best part of your life.
Suggest: How to draw diary of a wimpy kid?
If you write a diary daily, your communication skills also increase, and you feel better. The same pattern of diary entry format for school and college students. You have any problems regarding the format of diary writing so connect with me.